To provide support to the QHSE Manager in the provision of the QHSE Department outputs. To coordinate the support elements relating to the IMS through planning, monitoring, document control, analysis of statistics and provision of reports for all elements relating to Quality, Occupational Health & Safety, and Environment.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Monitor company Quality, Health, Safety, and Environmental (QHSE) system, processes and procedures for validity and compliance.
- Monitor the QHSE aspects of contractors/subcontractors, including reviews of the Supplier Evaluation System.
- To act as the Internal Audit function Coordinator, to produce the draft Annual Internal Audit Schedule for approval and to monitor compliance and the outputs of the Internal Auditors.
- To carry out internal audits of Occupational Health & Safety Management System (OHSMS), Environmental Management System (EMS), and Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Responsible for the management and monitoring of the QHSE database.
- Produce Routine & Ad Hoc QA reports as required.
- To collaborate and support the Fire Marshall ensuring a consolidated Safety Management services is provided to the Company.
- Review departmental Risk Assessments and other assessments and support in preparation of Method Statements.
- To carry out or assist in conducting Health, Safety and Environmental inspections of workplaces.
- Report daily to QHSE & Compliance Manager regarding incident occurrence, audit findings, non-conformances, and other QHSE issues.
- To carry out and/or support incident investigation, analysis and reporting.
- Provide support to all employees on matters relating to QHSE.
- Liaise with other departments pertaining to QHSE related issues.
- To deliver routine HSE Inductions to New Joiners and Contractors.
- Produce Routine and Ad Hoc HSE reports as required.
Personal HSE Job Responsibilities
- To comply with the organization’s QHSE policies and procedures at all times.
- To work safely at all times and to report all hazards and incidents to QHSE & Compliance Manager.
- To actively participate in all QHSE training, programs, audits and inspections when required and, as necessary.
- To exercise a personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and to that of others
- To lead by example and ensure to protect the environment by conservation of electricity, water and other natural resources, and minimizing generation of waste.
Information Security Responsibilities
To protect information assets including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, accidental or deliberate.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Hold a recognised qualification in HSE, minimum NEBOSH Certificate;
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a HSE Coordinator/Advisor role preferably in a FM, Property Management or Hotel/Hospitality environment;
- Have strong audit-related experience, including understanding of compliance requirements, monitoring guidelines, and standards e.g. ISO 9001:2008/2015 and trained as an Internal Auditor;
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, in English language, and ability to write audit reports and other departmental reports as required;
- Good ability to deliver HSE Induction and support other HSE trainings, workshops and campaigns to a multi-cultural and ethnically diverse workforce;
- Good knowledge of MS Office based software systems, particularly MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint;
- Good organisational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle tasks efficiently, prioritising as required;
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision
Background, Experience and Attributes:
- The appointee will be a highly motivated flexible individual with energy and drive and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a QHSE Coordinator/Advisor
- He/she will be a systematic and pragmatic, self-motivated individual who demonstrates the ability to be an objective auditor/investigator and who is tactful and has good ability to report with clarity and accuracy
- The incumbent will possess good planning and organisational skills with ability to self-manage the departmental outputs
- Have understanding of the local health and safety regulations applicable to the UAE and/or local municipality.
- Knowledge of Abu Dhabi Occupational Safety & Health System Framework (OSHAD SF)
- Holder of a UAE Driving Licence
- Registered OSH Practitioner through Qudorat Registration System
- Company Induction Training
- Site familiarisation
- Fire Safety
- ISO 9001:2008/2015 Internal Auditor